Dan Brown’s one-month loan deal with Ely City is a ‘win-win’ for the Robins and Mildenhall Town says Brady Stone
- Credit: Archant
Brady Stone believes Dan Brown’s one-month loan deal with Ely City is a “win-win situation” for both the Robins and the striker’s parent club Mildenhall Town.
Ely have sealed the services of the Brown on an initial one-month loan deal, with the former Soham Town Rangers frontman arriving at the Unwin having scored three times for Dean Greygoose’s side this term.
Brown joined Mildenhall in March 2015 and scored 16 goals as the Recreation Way outfit completed a Thurlow Nunn League and Challenge Cup double last term and Stone is hoping the striker’s arrival will bolster their injury-hit squad.
“It is a win-win situation for both clubs,” he said.
“We weren’t looking to bringing someone into the squad but our options up front have been hit badly by injuries, so it is great to have Dan coming in to boost our strike force.
You may also want to watch:
“I spoke to Dean (Greygoose) and we decided to do the deal for a month to start with and then we will review it after that.
“He was a big part of their side that did the double last year, so if he starts scoring goals for us it might be that Dean wants him back after the month but for now it is great for both clubs.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
“We have added a goal scorer to the squad and Mildenhall are able to get some minutes into him and see what he can do.”
Stone confirmed that Brown will go straight into Ely’s squad for the visit of Stanway Rovers in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Saturday (kick off 3pm).