Dan Brown’s one-month loan deal with Ely City is a ‘win-win’ for the Robins and Mildenhall Town says Brady Stone
- Credit: Archant
Brady Stone believes Dan Brown’s one-month loan deal with Ely City is a “win-win situation” for both the Robins and the striker’s parent club Mildenhall Town.
Ely have sealed the services of the Brown on an initial one-month loan deal, with the former Soham Town Rangers frontman arriving at the Unwin having scored three times for Dean Greygoose’s side this term.
Brown joined Mildenhall in March 2015 and scored 16 goals as the Recreation Way outfit completed a Thurlow Nunn League and Challenge Cup double last term and Stone is hoping the striker’s arrival will bolster their injury-hit squad.
“It is a win-win situation for both clubs,” he said.
“We weren’t looking to bringing someone into the squad but our options up front have been hit badly by injuries, so it is great to have Dan coming in to boost our strike force.
You may also want to watch:
“I spoke to Dean (Greygoose) and we decided to do the deal for a month to start with and then we will review it after that.
“He was a big part of their side that did the double last year, so if he starts scoring goals for us it might be that Dean wants him back after the month but for now it is great for both clubs.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
“We have added a goal scorer to the squad and Mildenhall are able to get some minutes into him and see what he can do.”
Stone confirmed that Brown will go straight into Ely’s squad for the visit of Stanway Rovers in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Saturday (kick off 3pm).