Daisy retains her City of Noriwch crown in dominant fashion
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Running Ely Runner Daisy Glover was in top form as she retained her crown at The City of Norwich Half Marathon, held at the Norfolk Showground, on Sunday.
The battle for the top women’s prize was, in truth, a one-sided affair as Glover - who was competing for the first time since March - won for the second year running.
She quickly put distance between herself and the top female runners, with her winning time of 1:17.25 leaving her nearest challenger more than six minutes adrift. Chiltern Harriers’ Sian Thomas was runner-up in 1:24.05.
In the men’s race, Ben Russell produced a dominant performance to win with something to spare.
The 24-year-old dental student made up for the disappointment of having to pull out of last year’s race while leading the way by leaving the rest of a 2,100-plus field trailing in his wake this time around.
The Liverpool Harrier, romped home in an impressive time of 1 hour 10 minutes and 18 seconds, almost three minutes ahead of his nearest challenger, Matthew Bidwell of hosts City of Norwich AC.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’