Daisy retains her City of Noriwch crown in dominant fashion
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Running Ely Runner Daisy Glover was in top form as she retained her crown at The City of Norwich Half Marathon, held at the Norfolk Showground, on Sunday.
The battle for the top women’s prize was, in truth, a one-sided affair as Glover - who was competing for the first time since March - won for the second year running.
She quickly put distance between herself and the top female runners, with her winning time of 1:17.25 leaving her nearest challenger more than six minutes adrift. Chiltern Harriers’ Sian Thomas was runner-up in 1:24.05.
In the men’s race, Ben Russell produced a dominant performance to win with something to spare.
The 24-year-old dental student made up for the disappointment of having to pull out of last year’s race while leading the way by leaving the rest of a 2,100-plus field trailing in his wake this time around.
You may also want to watch:
The Liverpool Harrier, romped home in an impressive time of 1 hour 10 minutes and 18 seconds, almost three minutes ahead of his nearest challenger, Matthew Bidwell of hosts City of Norwich AC.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely