CYCLING: Ely & District Cycling Club members take on Hempton Cross and King’s Lynn challenges
- Credit: Archant
Ely & District Cycling Club’s young members were out in force last weekend.
On Saturday, four cyclists travelled to Hempton Cross for the ninth round of the Eastern Cyclocross League Series.
Youngster Isaac Barton finished 15th in the under 14s race, while senior members Phil Peacock, Stephen Croft and Ferenc Vanhoutte finished in sixth, 39th and 50th respectively.
The following day, members headed to King’s Lynn for the Muddy Monsters off-road challenge.
Tom Lewis and Ollie Sinden dominated proceedings, coming first and second respectively in the under 12s race.
On his way to victory, Ollie finished first in the sprint race and second in the endurance race, while Tom came third and first.
In the handicap race, the tables were turned, with Tom taking top spot and Ollie coming home in second.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 3 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
As part of the EDCC’s programme of encouraging junior riders, the club is holding weekly Junior coaching sessions take place on Monday evenings at Ely College.
For more information, call Cliff Loveday on 07443 953308.