CYCLING: Ely & District Cycling Club members take on Hempton Cross and King’s Lynn challenges
- Credit: Archant
Ely & District Cycling Club’s young members were out in force last weekend.
On Saturday, four cyclists travelled to Hempton Cross for the ninth round of the Eastern Cyclocross League Series.
Youngster Isaac Barton finished 15th in the under 14s race, while senior members Phil Peacock, Stephen Croft and Ferenc Vanhoutte finished in sixth, 39th and 50th respectively.
The following day, members headed to King’s Lynn for the Muddy Monsters off-road challenge.
Tom Lewis and Ollie Sinden dominated proceedings, coming first and second respectively in the under 12s race.
You may also want to watch:
On his way to victory, Ollie finished first in the sprint race and second in the endurance race, while Tom came third and first.
In the handicap race, the tables were turned, with Tom taking top spot and Ollie coming home in second.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
As part of the EDCC’s programme of encouraging junior riders, the club is holding weekly Junior coaching sessions take place on Monday evenings at Ely College.
For more information, call Cliff Loveday on 07443 953308.