CYCLING: Busy Bank Holiday for Ely & District Cycling Club members
- Credit: Archant
For many, Bank Holidays are a time to put your feet up and relax – but not for members of the Ely & District Cycling Club.
Local cyclists were in action on all three days of the weekend, starting at Victoria CC’s event on Saturday.
The fastest Ely rider home was Nik Banks, who recorded a time of 23:37, closely followed by Martin Holmes’ new personal best of 23:47. Cliff Loveday set a time of 24:49 and Alison Holmes finished in 29:23.
Four riders then took part in the VTTA 25 mile event near Newmarket, and Darran Bennett crossed the line first for Ely in 54:55.
Will Shepherd recorded a new best of 55:32, while Derek Ricketts and John Manlow completed the challenge in 57:30 and 57:55 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Havis and Rob Golding posted 19:57 and 20:06 respectively at the V718 course in Hull the following day, before Matt Eley, Tom Sykes and Nik Banks took on the VC Norwich challenge yesterday (28).
Sykes and Banks failed to record a time after missing a bend, but Eley set a new course personal best of 20:31.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion