Cup Success For Young Teams
ALL the action from across colts football Under 10s HADDENHAM Rovers Colts completed a sensational year by taking the Annual Cottenham five aside title. With just one defeat all season, Haddenham sailed through the group stages before beating hosts C
ALL the action from across colts football
HADDENHAM Rovers Colts completed a sensational year by taking the Annual Cottenham five aside title.
With just one defeat all season, Haddenham sailed through the group stages before beating hosts Cottenham, in a tense penalty shoot out quarter-final win.
You may also want to watch:
Arguably the tournament's best two teams met in the semi final with Haddenham defeating Histon Hornets with a Kieran Petty goal. Haddenham dominated the final against Girton, but were unable to convert their chances and were forced into another penalty shoot out final. Josh Lowe, Jake Alsop and Petty all coolly converted their spot kicks while keeper, Will Darlington, remained unbeaten on the day, brilliantly saving Girton's efforts to give Rovers the trophy.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Ely City 4
Isleham United 2
ELY City finished their season on a high with a convincing win in the Snowy Coulson Cup.
Ely soon took control of the game with some great passing in midfield and they eventually took the lead when Oscar headed home. Ely forged ahead after their opener and some incessant pressure soon saw Ely double their lead.
Isleham came out fighting in the second half and some great courage and skill saw them score two early goals to draw level.
Ely were unfazed by the set-back however and good work from Connor Jones and Jake Wills allowed Ely to retake the lead once more.
Then, after some great attacking play in midfield, Ely extended their lead to two to put the game beyond doubt.