Cup final trouncing brings treble triumph for wonderful Witchford Colts Whites
- Credit: Archant
Witchford Colts White under 14s completed a remarkable treble-winning season by easing to victory over Haddenham Rover Colts in the final of the Cambridgeshire Colts under 14’s League Cup.
The young Witchford stars, who triumphed in the Premier Sock Tape 14A division after winning all 14 of their games, lifted the cup after a 5-1 trouncing of their local rivals.
Ben Harnwell got Witchford’s celebrations started with a wonderful 20 yard free kick, before Will Fox headed in a second.
Lewis Perry reduced the deficit for Haddenham early in the second half, but Witchford waltzed through their defence to score three more times through Kai Wales, Owen Johnson and Leo Ekwuru.
The Colts’ latest cup success followed their victory in the final of the under 14 County Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Manager, Nigel Smith, was over the moon at his side’s excellent campaign. He said: “It’s such an achievement to go through the season with a 100 per cent record and winning two cups.
“I’m so proud of all the boys and their success is fully deserved for all their hard work and dedication.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed