Crunch Semi Final Clash For Soham
SOHAM Under 18s play host to Brentwood Town tonight in their highly anticipated Eastern Junior Cup semi-final clash. Both teams are well placed in their respective leagues and come into the game on the back of extended winning runs, setting the scene for
SOHAM Under 18s play host to Brentwood Town tonight in their highly anticipated Eastern Junior Cup semi-final clash.
Both teams are well placed in their respective leagues and come into the game on the back of extended winning runs, setting the scene for what is sure to be a formidable match-up.
Visitors Brentwood are currently unbeaten in seven games but Soham boss Gavin Stevenson, is relishing the prospect of bringing that run to an end: "Its going to be a tight game for sure as both teams are playing well and there looks to be very little between us, he said.
"Hopefully though, we can get a big crowd in on the night and make the most of playing at home to pick up a win."
You may also want to watch:
Soham's passage to the semis has been a mixed affair with a 5-0 demolition of Brantham Athletic in the first round followed by a nerve-racking penalty shoot-out win over Lowestoft.
Stevenson will have a full squad available top pick from for the match with the only doubt surrounding Elliot Smart, who is struggling to recover from a knock he picked up against Wisbech. The match kicks-off at 7.45pm on Thursday night.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit