Crucial wins for Ely Netball Club
- Credit: Archant
The six teams of Ely Netball Club scored almost 140 goals and took some crucial wins for divisions two, four and five of the Cambridge and District Netball League.
Team five and six played a tantalising club derby, seeing tight-on defence at both ends of the court, pressuring shooters throughout the whole game.
Finally team six were able to break away taking the win 31-23.
Georgette Glover took team five player of the match and Angela Lee for team six.
Team four took the win against Over two who made Ely work hard to reach the final score 30-18.
You may also want to watch:
Goal Attacks, Georgia Arnold and Amanda Cook took player of the match.
Team three took full points in a conceded game, giving Ely a welcome boost to the division four table.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
Team two were up against a strong Comberton team but despite a last quarter fight back by Ely, they were unable to take the win at 27-31.
Sara Cunnington was awarded player of the match.
Team one experienced an excitingly close game against Milton three. Gritty determination saw a high percentage of possession for Ely, but Milton managed to pull away to take the win 28-31.
• Ely Netball Club is the largest adult club in the region, if you are age 16+ and are interested in seeing what netball is all about contact email@example.com.