CricketForce day at Littleport club
DOZENS of Littleport cricketers young and old turned out to help the club at a maintenance day held at the weekend.
With the start of the new season just weeks away, club members joined volunteers from the Natwest CricketForce initiative to ensure the Camel Road ground was in top condition to host the opening league match in May.
The work completed included preparing the wicket, cutting the outfield, strimming down the surrounding weeds and grass, repairing the nets, fixing and painting the sight screen, repairing and painting the score box and cleaning and servicing the machinery.
In addition to club and community volunteers, staff from high street bank NatWest also came along and gave their time volunteering.
Club spokesman Simon Jennings, said: “The event went really well, with club and community members young and old turning out to help get the pitch and surrounding grounds ready for theseason. Their help was invaluable and is hugely appreciated by the entire club.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jennings also said that the club was on the look out for new players and volunteers for the upcoming season. He said the club’s senior and junior teams were in need of new players either experienced or new to the sport, with volunteers to help coach or help out at the club also needed.
If you would like to get involved or take part in a training session, visit www.littleporttown.play-cricket.com.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens