CRICKET: Witchford fast bowler Millie Oddi to play for Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Witchford cricketer Millie Oddi will spend the New Year playing for Melbourne Cricket Club.
Fast bowler Millie, 19, made a name for herself with impressive performances for King’s Ely and later the Essex County team.
She will fly down under in January and play for Melbourne until the spring and then will go on to travel the country with friends.
Millie said: “The reason I am doing it is to gain more experience in a place where the standards are set to be higher and to improve and bring on my own game.
“A couple of other girls often go out for half seasons/full seasons from counties. I decided about a year ago that I wanted to do the same, and so got in contact with a friend out there who used to be the captain at Essex two years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea is also that by playing out there for those three months I will come back ready for my English season with Essex and should be a stronger and better player from all of the experience.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely