Colts Football Roundup: Week Ending March 26

ALL the action from across Colts football Under 11s Haddenham Rovers 9 Bluntisham Blasters 0 A SUPERB Rovers move involving Matt Wright and Charlie Tunnell ended with Josh Lowe smashing home. Lowe then made the score 2-0, latching onto a loose ball on

ALL the action from across Colts football

Under 11s

Haddenham Rovers 9

Bluntisham Blasters 0

A SUPERB Rovers' move involving Matt Wright and Charlie Tunnell ended with Josh Lowe smashing home.

Lowe then made the score 2-0, latching onto a loose ball on the edge of the area before he completed an 18-minute hattrick when he rose to brilliantly head home Kieran Petty's corner. Another terrific team move with Lowe ended with Ollie Johnson's cross deftly flicked home by Wright's right foot to make it 4 - 0.

Most Read

Despite having the wind in their favour there was no respite for Bluntisham as Lowe poached his fourth goal of the match before Akinwumi outpaced the defence to strike home.Will Darlington passed onto Akinwumi and he expertly flicked over the keeper to make it 7-0.

Charlie Tunnell capped off an explosive run out of defence to score his season's first goal and the match was completed when Darlington volleyed home Petty's rebounded shot.

Under 9s

Mepal Sports 4

Sutton Rangers 2

SUTTON caught Mepal off-guard in the opening minutes to move into the lead.

A shot from Elliot Martin deflected off the Sutton goal keeper to the feet of Ben Harnwell to equalise for Mepal. Harnwell then scored two goals in quick succession to complete his hat trick and put Mepal 3-1 ahead.

Good defending from Josh Booy-Howlett and Max Turner kept the Sutton attack at bay. Mepal's Ben Blackburn put another goal past the Sutton keeper to make the score 4-1. Sutton then responded with a goal to make the score 4-2. Sutton now pushed forward and it was credit to Sam Jarvis with a great reaction save that kept the ball out.

Under 10s

Witchford Colts 2

Newmarket Town 5

COLTS made a bright start against the league's top team and were two up within the first 10 minutes, thanks to goals from Jack Sheridan and Harvey Cross.

Newmarket then began to find their form and pulled a goal back shortly before half time.

In the second half Newmarket made several substitutions and were a different team as they scored four unanswered goals. In the end, they were just too strong for the home side as they ran out comfortable winners.

Under 11s

Isleham 2

Ely Crusaders 8

ELY opened the scoring as Sebastian Pettit confidently dispatched Anthony Riches cross.

Shortly afterwards it was Riches turn to benefit from an Ely attack when he expertly turned in Sam Felton's pass. Lewis Hook completed the first half scoring with an individual run and shot.

Crusaders strong start to the second period was halted when Isleham converted from close range, however Ely responded well and Riches claimed a second when he rounded the goalie to fire into the empty net. Sam Felton scored to put Ely 5-1 ahead yet Isleham battled back well and soon reduced the deficit with a good headed goal. Crusaders restored their four goal advantage in a similar manner as Riches headed home Hook's corner to claim his hat-trick. Ely finished the game in style as Jacob Waters and Hook netted.

Under 12s

Littleport Town 2

Whittlesford Warriors 1

IT took just six minutes for Alfie Oakman to thread a great pass through to Keane Whittaker who in turn netted Port's first goal.

Josh Lucas made it two mid way through the first-half with a headed goal. Port's keeper Sam Rooke was rarely called into action but the team could not capitalise. Whittlesford started the second half the better team pouncing on an untidy clearance and slotting home. A nervous last 15 followed with Port never looking like adding to their two goals. Some last minute defending by Matt Lucas and Chris Dews kept Port's win secure with the visitors attacking to the end.

Under 13s

Manea United Strikers 0

Isleham United 11

ISLEHAM dominated from the start and opened the scoring within the first minute with a well placed shot from Sean Ward.

Ward then went on to claim his second before Connor Brand found the net. Manea had a scoring chance, but their attempt was thwarted by the visiting defence. Isleham linked well and Kieran Fitchett tapped home before Ward hit the back of the net for his hattrick, making the interval score 5-0.

After the break Isleham continued to control the pace of the game. Callum Wilkinson burst through to score and then slammed home his second. With Isleham now in total control, Ward bagged the next three goals to claim his second hattrick. Wilkinson created a chance for Brand who chipped the ball past the keeper to round off a fine team performance.

Haslingfield 0

Witchford Colts 3

COLTS coped well under pressure early on with Eddie Bowles and Dan Stead keeping things tight.

An early chance from Spencer Saberton went wide of goal however almost immediately the Colts' keeper Brandon Phillips, was called upon to make a save. David Mayle passed neatly to Tommy Corlito who saw his shot saved before Mayle linked up well with Murfitt to put Witchford ahead.

The second half began with an early goal from Adam Redditt. Witchford won a free kick and Corlito got on the end of the cross by Saberton to make it three for the visitors.

Colts' manager Danny Saberton, broke his arm recently and the team would like to wish him a speedy recovery.

Under 14s

KC Cougars 5

Witchford 3

WITCHFORD struggled in the first half against their in-form opponents and only had a Roly Dickinson strike to show for their efforts.

Despite conceding two early goals in the second half, Witchford put in a greatly improved performance which had their opponents on the back foot. Goals from James Forber and Michael Dye resulted in a fairer score line and some worries for the home team.

Under 15s

Soham Town Colts 0

Littleport Town 3

PORT took the lead early on through Charlie Bowditch, who tapped home following good work from Joe Murfitt and Will Crisp.

Soham came back into the game but they were no match for the Port defence who dealt with everything the hosts threw at them. Port increased there lead just before halftime when Tom Bradney latched onto a loose ball to fire past the keeper.

The second-half saw Soham have much more of the play but they could not find a goal. Following good passing play from Tom Beresford and Crisp again, Bradney was on hand to shoot into the bottom corner. Ryan Woods was outstanding at centre back.

Roll of honour

Ben Harnwell (Mepal)

Josh Akinwumi (Haddenham)

Josh Lowe (Haddenham)

Sean Ward (Isleham)

Callum Wilkinson (Isleham)

Connor Brand (Isleham)

Matt Lucas (Littleport)

Jamie Sinper (Witchford)

Tom Bradney (Littleport)

Lewis Hook (Ely)

Anthony Riches (Ely)