Colts Football Roundup

ALL the colts action from across the region. Under 13s Gamlingay 3 Isleham 2      ISLEHAM made a strong start and took the lead on five minutes through Ross Grant-Royall. A minute later an own goal put Gamlingay back on even terms. Isleham attacked har

ALL the colts action from across the region.

Under 13s

Gamlingay 3

Isleham 2

ISLEHAM made a strong start and took the lead on five minutes through Ross Grant-Royall.

A minute later an own goal put Gamlingay back on even terms. Isleham attacked hard and Sean Ward came close, but the home side broke on the counter attack and fired home. A super cross from Liam Markwell was picked up by Grant-Royall who was on target to equalise. A string of fine saves by Jamie Eavis, Isleham's keeper, kept it level until half-time.

Most Read

After the break play was end to end, Isleham had scoring chances, but it was the hosts who netted again making it 3-2.

Under 9s

Littleport 4

Witchford 1

PORT struggled to score early on but finally found the net through Mitchel Drewitt. Witchford's stubborn defence played well but Ellis Yearn soon increased the lead with a well taken goal.

Witchford pulled the home defence apart to pull a goal back but Littleport soon responded and stretched the lead through Jack Jenkins.

The impressive Calvin Lock tore into Witchford's defence time and again and was rewarded with a well taken goal late on.

Mepal 7

Waterbeach Colts 3

BEN Harnwell netted the first goal of the game, shortly followed by another. Waterbeach then came back with a goal to make the score 2-1 to Mepal. Elliot Martin then extended the home side's lead with a superb shot from distance.

Mepal defender Josh Booy-Howlett came forward to receive a cross and netted the fourth goal of the game. Waterbeach ever on the lookout for opportunities put one past the keeper to make the score 4-2.

Waterbeach came back hard at Mepal but further goals from Jon Collins, Harnwell and Tom Goodjohn secured the win.

Under 10s

Isleham 2

Witchford Colts 10

COLTS raced into a two goal lead after just four minutes with Luke Nash putting the finishing touches to some excellent passing moves.

The introduction of substitutes Henry Green & Matthew Allum midway through the first-half immediately paid dividends with Green scoring with his first touch. Allum then added two quick fire goals to finish the first-half scoring.

Nash & Allum went on to complete their hat-tricks in the second-half, with Green adding another and an excellent Nash corner being turned in by an Isleham defender.

Under 11s

Haddenham Rovers Colts 0

Saffron Walden 1

ROVERS' six-match unbeaten run came to an end in a thrilling encounter against Saffron Walden.

Haddenham conceded a soft goal when Will Darlington could only parry a Walden shot on the break and the visitors reacted quicker to the loose ball to knock in from close range. From here on Rovers dominated the match peppering the Walden goal with a barrage of shots. Matt Wright and Josh Akinwumi both struck a post and Josh Lowe forced the keeper into two excellent saves. With five minutes left, Wright missed from the penalty spot.

Ely Crusaders 6

Hundon Hawks 1

ELY failed to fully exploit a strong first-half performance but still registered a good win in the first leg of the knock-out cup.

Crusaders claimed the breakthrough early on as Harrison Jones netted.

With Jake Butler producing some fine play from the heart of defence, the home team began to dominate and the introduction of Lewis Hook proved pivotal as he scored within seconds of coming onto the field and then supplied Anthony Riches for a close range goal. Hook then coolly dispatched James Barrett's through pass and turned provider for Riches to claim his second.

Jones scored the only Ely goal of the second-half as Hundon consolidated in defence.

Under 12s

Hardwick Harriers 3

Witchford 3

A DEPLETED Witchford side gained a creditable draw against a solid Hardwick team.

Hardwick took a deserved lead in the first-half only for Matthew Loades to head home an equaliser from a corner. The second-half was a more even affair with Hardwick taking the lead twice and Matt Ashman getting two equalisers. The first followed a great solo run through the home defence. Then straight from the restart Witchford took one pass to set Ashamn away to slot the ball past the keeper.

Under 14s

Witchford 5

Warboys 0

WITCHFORD progressed smoothly to the semi-finals of the cup with a comfortable win.

The home team coped well with their opponent's physical play and took the lead through James Forber. Michael Dye then finished a great move by sweeping in Roly Dickinson's cross. James Forber added to the lead with his second after a goal mouth scramble.

Witchford kept control of the second half and added two more through James Forber.

Needingworth 1

Haddenham Rovers 3

ROVERS took the lead through captain Jake Bartolozzi who unleashed a powerful volley into the top corner of the Needingworth net.

The Needingworth captain restored parity for the home side early in the second-half after unleashing a fierce shot high into the Rovers' goal.

The game was even at this stage until, with about 10 minutes remaining, Haddenham's Charlie Russell fed Josh Robinson who raced clear to score with a well placed shot. The home side found it hard to respond but keeper Richard Padmore had to be alert to deny a well placed shot.

With five minutes left Ryan Bowles released Robinson who out-paced the defence again to finish with a carbon copy of his first.

Under 15s

Littleport Town 6

Shelford & Stapleford 2

THE home side opened the scoring after only two minutes when Will Crisp met a cross to knock the ball in.

The second soon followed after a good through ball found Alister Musa in space.

Tom Beresford made it three within 15 minutes with a calm finish. The visitors pulled one back but Port continued to play well and the forth came from Musa following good work from the midfield. Port scored again following a cross which Beresford volleyed into the top corner. Port finished the game in the second-half when a good run and pass from Luke Thompson found Musa to complete his hat-trick.

Under 17s

Aztecs 1

Soham Town Youth 2

TOWN battled hard to take all three points against a well-organised Aztecs side.

In the first-half Town played some great passing football, but failed to take their chances. Late in the half, Tyler Broker played in Elliot Drewery who beat the impressive home keeper. Soon after the break Aztecs secured a deserved equaliser. As the half wore on Aztecs frustrated Soham with good defending. It took until stoppage time at the end of the game before Town sealed the win. Dan Whitwell was brought down in the box and a penalty was awarded. The impressive Town skipper Simon Murfitt stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way to win the game.

Roll of honour

Ross Grant-Royall (Isleham0

Ben Harnwell (Mepal)

Matthew Allum (Witchford)

Lewis Hook (Ely)

Henry Green (Witchford)

Luke Nash (Witchford)

Anthony Riches (Ely)

Matt Ashman (Witchford)

Tom Beresford (Littleport)

James Forber (Witchford)

Josh Robinson (Haddenham)

Richard Padmore (Haddenham)

Alister Musa (Littleport)