Club’s skate expectations
ELY skaters warmed up for the weekend s Annual Skating Gala by winning eight medals. Members of Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club competed in the FARS Championship at the St Ivo Centre, St Ives. It was a hugely successful event for the club with Fiona Cox
ELY skaters warmed up for the weekend's Annual Skating Gala by winning eight medals.
Members of Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club competed in the FARS Championship at the St Ivo Centre, St Ives.
It was a hugely successful event for the club with Fiona Cox winning gold in both the Ladies Inter-Silver Figures and Youth Championship Figures.
Michelle Housden took the gold in the Ladies Silver Figures and silver medals were won by Rachel Housden, in the Ladies Inter-Silver Free Skating, and Youth Championship Figures and Fiona Cox in the Youth Combined.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze medals were won by Rachel Housden in the Youth Free Skating Championship and for Youth Combined.
Charlotte Allen and Helen Gray came fourth in their respective categories; fifth places were achieved by Fiona Cox, Ellis Hennebry and Nancy Allen, who also came sixth in the Youth Championship Figures and eighth in the Youth Free Skating.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Richard Culpin came sixth and Wanda Handley seventh in the Classic Solo Dance and Chloe Thompson finished 10th and Emma Taylor 11th in the Cadet Solo Dance.
Ely coach Brian Paddington said: "It was a very pleasing performance overall. I expected some of our skaters to do well because they have been training hard and gaining valuable experience. The club is growing all the time and skating is proving to be really popular in Ely."
About 200 skaters will compete in the Annual Skating Gala at The Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham, on Saturday and Sunday, starting at 8am on both days.