Club’s championship medal haul is ‘best result in years’
Swimming Ely Swimming Club achieved its “best result for a number of years” at the Cambridgeshire County Swimming Championships.
Ely sent a team of 20 swimmers aged between nine and 18 to the championships, with events and races taking place over a month-long period.
And it proved to be a great success for Ely, with six club swimmers coming away with medals, earning each of them a spot among the top three in the county.
Among the club’s top performers was nine-year-old Ciara Taylor, who entered eight events and won four gold medals, a silver and three bronzes, making her the top girl in Cambridgeshire in her age group.
Zak Bailey was also in good form, winning three gold medals, three silvers and three bronze medals from his 14 events. His performance saw him rank fourth in Cambridgeshire in his age group.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the club said: “The results for the entire team represents the best county champs results that Ely have achieved for a number of years.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens