CLAY TARGET SHOOTING: Derrick is edged into second spot
Prickwillow marksman Derrick Vout come second in the down the line competition at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, on Sunday. Vout s score of 17 ex 25 was second only to that of March s Mark Bridgement, who managed 22 ex 25. The result of the 50 target sho
Prickwillow marksman Derrick Vout come second in the "down the line" competition at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, on Sunday.
Vout's score of 17 ex 25 was second only to that of March's Mark Bridgement, who managed 22 ex 25.
The result of the 50 target shooting competition could hardly have been closer, with three marksmen level at the head of the field.
Bridgement, Dave Wallis, of Walpole Highway, and Ramsey's John Shotbolt all shot 35 targets to share the honours.
You may also want to watch:
Manea's Steve Allen won the skeet competition with a score of 24 ex 25 and just held off the challenge of Chatteris' John Deighton, who finished one shot behind.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on