Classy Soham rack up fourth win on the spin
- Credit: Archant
Cricket CCA Junior League 4N
IN-FORM Soham edged to a five-wicket win over St Ives III at the weekend.
Dale Isaacson’s side defaulted their first game of the season due to a lack of players but have been in red-hot form since, winning three league matches and a cup match on the bounce.
Their latest victory, at their new Soham Village College ground, came largely thanks to the efforts of bowler Krishanth Sunaharalingan, who picked up four wickets for just 13 runs in a whirlwind spell as St Ives opened the batting.
Despite a strong start, in which Andrew Waters made a fine half-century, Ives couldn’t contend with the pace of Sunaharalingan, who bowled superbly across his 10 overs. Keith Metcalfe also weighed in with a couple of wickets to see Ives skittled for a relatively meagre 116.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Pope started soundly for Soham in their reply as he made 26 in the sunshine. A few quick wickets threatened to de-rail Soham’s push for the win until Nick Mingay arrived at the crease to steady the sip, hitting an unbeaten 40, including a mammoth six, to guide his side home with five wickets in hand.
The team are back in action again on June 8 when they take on Chippenham II.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning