Classy Soham rack up fourth win on the spin
- Credit: Archant
Cricket CCA Junior League 4N
IN-FORM Soham edged to a five-wicket win over St Ives III at the weekend.
Dale Isaacson’s side defaulted their first game of the season due to a lack of players but have been in red-hot form since, winning three league matches and a cup match on the bounce.
Their latest victory, at their new Soham Village College ground, came largely thanks to the efforts of bowler Krishanth Sunaharalingan, who picked up four wickets for just 13 runs in a whirlwind spell as St Ives opened the batting.
Despite a strong start, in which Andrew Waters made a fine half-century, Ives couldn’t contend with the pace of Sunaharalingan, who bowled superbly across his 10 overs. Keith Metcalfe also weighed in with a couple of wickets to see Ives skittled for a relatively meagre 116.
Josh Pope started soundly for Soham in their reply as he made 26 in the sunshine. A few quick wickets threatened to de-rail Soham’s push for the win until Nick Mingay arrived at the crease to steady the sip, hitting an unbeaten 40, including a mammoth six, to guide his side home with five wickets in hand.
The team are back in action again on June 8 when they take on Chippenham II.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’