Clarke strike earns a point
East Hockey League Division 3NW Cambridge University 3rd XI 1 Ely City 1st XI 1 A FIT, young set of university players bombarded the Ely defence with constant pressure to find a second-half equaliser. Ely established early dominance with the centre-midfi
East Hockey League Division 3NW
Cambridge University 3rd XI 1
Ely City 1st XI 1
A FIT, young set of university players bombarded the Ely defence with constant pressure to find a second-half equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Ely established early dominance with the centre-midfield pairing of Julian Palmer and Tommy Hugo working well, while Grant Gilmour and Laurie Haslop at left and right-half respectively, running selflessly and providing width.
Late in the first half right-back Feroze Abbas surged past two players and after his low shot was parried, the ever-predatory Ely striker Stuart Clarke knocked in the rebound.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
The hosts dominated the second half and gave Ely goalkeeper and captain Chris Vincett his busiest game of the season.
And Cambridge found their equaliser with a deflected shot following a goalmouth scramble.
The remainder of the match was played in the visitor's half but Ely ensured they remained unbeaten for a seventh match.