City of Ely Swimming Club Pick Up The Honours At the Newmarket Invitation
SWIMMING CITY of Ely Swimming Club, The Barracudas, has won the Newmarket invitation Rose Seeley Trophy Gala for the second year running. The Ely Barracudas beat the hosts Newmarket and other invited teams from Saffron Walden and Mildenhall. The team ach
CITY of Ely Swimming Club, The Barracudas, has won the Newmarket invitation Rose Seeley Trophy Gala for the second year running.
The Ely Barracudas beat the hosts Newmarket and other invited teams from Saffron Walden and Mildenhall. The team achieved 19 personal best times and a new club record was awarded to 12 year-old Katie Stearn who swum the 50m freestyle in 33.37secs. Richard Isaacs, team manager, said: "I'm really proud of the team - they worked wonderfully together, and showed great team spirit and produced some outstanding individual performances."
The gala result again went to the wire with the final race determining the outcome. The cannon relay involves eight swimmers from each team - Ely took first place which gave the team the overall gala win.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Elaine Hill said: "These younger club members have been justly rewarded for all their hard work - we had several swimmers taking part in the county finals this weekend and for the team to win shows the club can now draw on lots of talented swimmers throughout the age groups."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
Pic cap: Triumphant members of the City of Ely Swimming Club after they won the Rose Seeley Trophy Gala in Newmarket.