City of Ely swimmers make a splash at Winter Open
Swimming City of Ely Swimming Club competitors came away with 26 personal best performances from the City of Cambridge Swimming Club’s Winter Open.
The event was held at Parkside Pools, in Cambridge, and saw teams from across the county turn out to compete.
The City of Ely Club sent a team of nine young swimmer and they performed admirably.
A spokesman for the club said: “City of Ely swimmers competed with great spirit and energy at a major event in Cambridge, against a number of larger and very strong clubs.
“Well done to Ciara Taylor, Zak Bailey, George Goodfellow, Iona Trainer, Matthew Turner, Jake Challenger, George Sporle, Joseph Alsop and Julia Yeates.”
You may also want to watch:
Between them, the team set 26 personal bests, seven club records and earned 11 medals.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely