City of Ely lift the Katie Colson Cup after inaugural tribute netball tournament
CITY of Ely were crowned the inaugural winners of the Katie Colson Cup, beating MI7 18-14.
Katie, a keen netballer, died after being hit by a car while out jogging in October 2010. The inaugural final of the Cup was held last Saturday.
City made a positive start and were keen to mark their first season with a trophy.
MI7 did not make progress easy however, and superb shooting kept the two teams closely matched.
In the end, Ely triumphed, coming through narrow 18-14 winners.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy was awarded by Janette Hatton, chair of the Cambridge and District Netball League.
She said: “Burwell Netball Club are very happy with the success of the Katie Colson mid-week league and feel it expresses Katie’s enthusiasm for the game perfectly”.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
City of Ely Netball Club is offering taster sessions on Thursday, May 31 and Thursday, June 7 for women aged 16 and over.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place or for more information, including plans for a junior section, visit: www.cityofelynetballclub.btck.uk