City of Ely end season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Netball City of Ely I 21 Burwell 21
Despite falling behind in the first quarter, a valiant display from City saw them level up at 12-12 by half-time.
City came out all guns blazing in the third quarter, with movement in mid-court opening up spaces to ease the transition into the attacking circle.
City started to pass the ball around more positively, working the space to locate shooters Tovey and Mitchell and allowing them to pull ahead for the first time.
City held a four-goal advantage heading into the final quarter. Bristow and Ayers led the defensive line superbly and helped City see out the match.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Tovery was awarded player of the match.
City of Ely II found that they could not raise their game against Haddenham knowing that they had already secured top spot for the season in Division 2 of the Cambridge and District Netball League. Emma Bowd was player of the match.
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 3 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 New chief executive for combined authority will earn up to £200k a year
- 6 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 7 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 8 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 9 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 10 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
City of Ely Juniors finished their first foray into the U15 league with a defeat against Comberton B.