City of Ely end season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Netball City of Ely I 21 Burwell 21
Despite falling behind in the first quarter, a valiant display from City saw them level up at 12-12 by half-time.
City came out all guns blazing in the third quarter, with movement in mid-court opening up spaces to ease the transition into the attacking circle.
City started to pass the ball around more positively, working the space to locate shooters Tovey and Mitchell and allowing them to pull ahead for the first time.
City held a four-goal advantage heading into the final quarter. Bristow and Ayers led the defensive line superbly and helped City see out the match.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Tovery was awarded player of the match.
City of Ely II found that they could not raise their game against Haddenham knowing that they had already secured top spot for the season in Division 2 of the Cambridge and District Netball League. Emma Bowd was player of the match.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
City of Ely Juniors finished their first foray into the U15 league with a defeat against Comberton B.