City of Ely end season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Netball City of Ely I 21 Burwell 21
Despite falling behind in the first quarter, a valiant display from City saw them level up at 12-12 by half-time.
City came out all guns blazing in the third quarter, with movement in mid-court opening up spaces to ease the transition into the attacking circle.
City started to pass the ball around more positively, working the space to locate shooters Tovey and Mitchell and allowing them to pull ahead for the first time.
City held a four-goal advantage heading into the final quarter. Bristow and Ayers led the defensive line superbly and helped City see out the match.
Jenny Tovery was awarded player of the match.
City of Ely II found that they could not raise their game against Haddenham knowing that they had already secured top spot for the season in Division 2 of the Cambridge and District Netball League. Emma Bowd was player of the match.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 10 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
City of Ely Juniors finished their first foray into the U15 league with a defeat against Comberton B.