City left deflated by Town
RIDGEONS LEAGUE CUP QUARTER-FINAL Lowestoft Town 4 Ely City 0 A DISJOINTED Ely side were denied a place in the semi-final by last season s Premier Division champions. City made the long trip to Crown Meadow on Tuesday night with key players Andy Chatters,
RIDGEONS LEAGUE CUP QUARTER-FINAL
Lowestoft Town 4
Ely City 0
A DISJOINTED Ely side were denied a place in the semi-final by last season's Premier Division champions.
You may also want to watch:
City made the long trip to Crown Meadow on Tuesday night with key players Andy Chatters, Nick Impey, Tom Beech, Tony Brown and James Reeves all unavailable, and with players playing out of position, they never looked comfortable in the first half.
Ely boss Dennis Lightning said: "We were lucky to be 2-0 down at half-time and I told the lads to go out and play the second half like they had nothing to lose."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Yet the hosts were 3-0 up within five minutes of the re-start and the scoring was completed just before the hour mark.
Lightning said: "If we had a full strength side we would have given them a game, but to be honest we've done well to get to that stage of the competition. Now we have to regroup and concentrate on the league."
n Ely are at home to Downham Town on Saturday and away to Godmanchester on Wednesday.