SWIMMING: Ely swimmer Ciara, 14, is in record-breaking mood at British Championships
- Credit: Archant
Ely swimmer Ciara Taylor was in record-breaking mood at the British Swimming Summer Championships in Glasgow recently.
The top 24 swimmers in each event from each age group in Britain qualified for the annual event, which is based on national rankings.
Ciara, 14, achieved a personal best of 29:49 in her open 50m butterfly heat to progress into the final.
In the showpiece race, the St Ives Swimming Club member finished ninth out of 24 other competitors with yet another personal best over the six-day spectacle.
Not only that, but Ciara also managed to break her own Cambridgeshire county record in the process.
You may also want to watch:
The Championships form a part of a Performance Pathway Strategy, which aims to increase and support junior talent on the journey towards senior medal-winning performance, as well as offering more athletes across the home nations an opportunity to compete at one of the end of season events.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire