Cheshunt 1 - 1 Soham Town Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers ended their eight game losing streak with a hard-fought draw at Cheshunt.
The Greens opened the scoring in the 17th minute when Gent headed Nightingale’s corner back into the middle of the area for Luke Stanley to head low into the net.
However, seven minutes later, the hosts levelled when Jason Hallett turned to place into the bottom corner of the net.
Soham have added to their squad with the signing of Pat Bexfield.
The 26 year full back joins the Greens from Southern League St Ives Town.
Bexfield started his career with Norwich City where he progressed through their Youth Academy and Reserves, and was also named as an unused substitute on the Canaries’ 1st Team bench towards the end of the 2006/07 season.
Following his release from Carrow Road, he joined Wisbech Town before having spells with Needham Market, Cambridge City, King’s Lynn Town, Corby Town and Huntingdon Town.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
Bexfield is in contention to make his Soham debut at Thurrock tomorrow night.