Cheshunt 1 - 1 Soham Town Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers ended their eight game losing streak with a hard-fought draw at Cheshunt.
The Greens opened the scoring in the 17th minute when Gent headed Nightingale’s corner back into the middle of the area for Luke Stanley to head low into the net.
However, seven minutes later, the hosts levelled when Jason Hallett turned to place into the bottom corner of the net.
Soham have added to their squad with the signing of Pat Bexfield.
The 26 year full back joins the Greens from Southern League St Ives Town.
You may also want to watch:
Bexfield started his career with Norwich City where he progressed through their Youth Academy and Reserves, and was also named as an unused substitute on the Canaries’ 1st Team bench towards the end of the 2006/07 season.
Following his release from Carrow Road, he joined Wisbech Town before having spells with Needham Market, Cambridge City, King’s Lynn Town, Corby Town and Huntingdon Town.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
Bexfield is in contention to make his Soham debut at Thurrock tomorrow night.