Chatters the box noise for Robins
Walsham-le-Willows 0 Ely City 2 ELY completed the league double over Walsham with this fine away win last Wednesday. The Robins took control of the game in the early stages and never looked like relinquishing their grip, such was their dominance. Ely took
Ely City 2
ELY completed the league double over Walsham with this fine away win last Wednesday.
The Robins took control of the game in the early stages and never looked like relinquishing their grip, such was their dominance.
You may also want to watch:
Ely took the lead after 39 minutes, an Andy Chatters cross finding the head of Robbie Mason. His effort was saved but Ashley Brand was on hand to pounce.
Ely doubled their advantage a minute from the interval when a Chatters corner allowed Simon Warren to head home at the far post.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Ely maintained their superiority during a comfortable second half and were deserved winners. To compound their misery, Walsham had two players sent off in the last five minutes, both for bad fouls.
Ely manager Dennis Lightning said: "We defended really, really well. It's a difficult place to go at the best of times and it was a tough game. But we were really in control and we totally deserved to win. I can only remember one save that our goalkeeper had to make.