Chance to vote for your sporting star
READERS of the Ely Standard can make their votes count in this year s Living Sport Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Sports Awards. Archant, the parent company of the Ely Standard, has teamed-up with Living Sport and BBC Radio Cambridgeshire to recognise sp
READERS of the Ely Standard can make their votes count in this year's Living Sport Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Sports Awards.
Archant, the parent company of the Ely Standard, has teamed-up with Living Sport and BBC Radio Cambridgeshire to recognise sporting excellence at all levels in 2007.
Nominations can be submitted in a number of categories, including the new Archant Young Community Volunteer of the Year award, which rewards the dedication and enthusiasm of a young person who has given up their time to make a real difference to sport in their area.
The seven categories in this year's awards are:
You may also want to watch:
n Archant Young Community Volunteer of the Year
n Manchetts Sports Personality of the Year
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
n Ridgeons Club of the Year
n Lakeside Lodge Young Sports Personality of the Year
n Sports Performer with a Disability
n Unsung Hero of the Year
n Coach of the Year
A panel of judges from Living Sport, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and Archant will choose the winners, who will receive their award in a ceremony to be held at Comberton Performance Centre on Thursday, November 1.
All individual winners will receive a £100 grant towards their development, a trophy and sports kit. The Club of the Year winner will receive a £200 grant towards development and a trophy.
The winners in all categories, except Archant Young Community Volunteer and Sports Performer with a Disability, are automatically entered into nominations for the same category at the BBC East Region Sports Awards.
And those voted as winners in the Sports Personality and Unsung Hero categories at the regional event will then be invited to London to attend the televised, national BBC Sports Awards.
More information on the awards is available by visiting our website at www.ely-standard.co.uk
Nomination forms can also be downloaded from the website or from www.livingsport.co.uk or you can request a form by calling 01487 841559.
Votes must be sent to Living Sport at the address shown on the form. The closing date for nominations is Friday, October 5.