Champion Nato To Be Honoured
DOUBLE European karate champion Nato Ficcarra, is set to receive a specially commissioned award at a ceremony in Milan in July. 41 year-old Nato, who last year managed to regain his title as European karate champion after first winning the title 17 years
DOUBLE European karate champion Nato Ficcarra, is set to receive a specially commissioned award at a ceremony in Milan in July.
41 year-old Nato, who last year managed to regain his title as European karate champion after first winning the title 17 years ago, is to receive a one-off 'champion of champions' award to commemorate his unprecedented achievement of two titles in different decades.
The delighted Ely man told the Ely Standard: "No-one has ever won this title in two different decades before so they phoned me and said they would like to give me a special award.
"A friend of mine who competes in kick-boxing recently won an award as well so I hope I get a nice-looking trophy as I've told him that mine will be bigger!"
You may also want to watch:
Nato, who runs a number of karate gyms in Sutton and Cambridge, was crowned European champion in December after coming through 26 fights, including a thrilling battle with the then incumbent champion and German team captain.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion