Chadwick Brace Boosts Robins
ELY City cemented their place in the top half of the Ridgeons Premier League with a 2-0 win at Wroxham on Tuesday night. A superb brace from striker Richard Chadwick, ensured Ely came through with flying colours against Wroxham, who were seldom in the run
ELY City cemented their place in the top half of the Ridgeons Premier League with a 2-0 win at Wroxham on Tuesday night.
A superb brace from striker Richard Chadwick, ensured Ely came through with flying colours against Wroxham, who were seldom in the running against a polished Robins side.
The win moves Denis Lightning's men up into 10th place in the Ridgeons League, with just three games remaining this season.
Chadwick opened the scoring for the visitors shortly after the break with an accomplished strike following a tense first half.
You may also want to watch:
Ely seized the initiative after the breakthrough and more good chances followed before Chadwick netted his second late on, following good work on the wing by Dave Smith.
In their weekend clash against Histon Reserves, Ely emerged with a point in what was a close fought game throughout.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Following a goalless first half, the game sparked in to life when defender Lee Dixon netted a rare goal for the Robins with just 10 minutes remaining.
Histon were not to be denied late on though, and with just minutes to spare Yacim Rerizani levelled for the Stutes Reserves to ensure the spoils were shared.