Chadwick Brace Boosts Robins
ELY City cemented their place in the top half of the Ridgeons Premier League with a 2-0 win at Wroxham on Tuesday night. A superb brace from striker Richard Chadwick, ensured Ely came through with flying colours against Wroxham, who were seldom in the run
ELY City cemented their place in the top half of the Ridgeons Premier League with a 2-0 win at Wroxham on Tuesday night.
A superb brace from striker Richard Chadwick, ensured Ely came through with flying colours against Wroxham, who were seldom in the running against a polished Robins side.
The win moves Denis Lightning's men up into 10th place in the Ridgeons League, with just three games remaining this season.
Chadwick opened the scoring for the visitors shortly after the break with an accomplished strike following a tense first half.
Ely seized the initiative after the breakthrough and more good chances followed before Chadwick netted his second late on, following good work on the wing by Dave Smith.
In their weekend clash against Histon Reserves, Ely emerged with a point in what was a close fought game throughout.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
Following a goalless first half, the game sparked in to life when defender Lee Dixon netted a rare goal for the Robins with just 10 minutes remaining.
Histon were not to be denied late on though, and with just minutes to spare Yacim Rerizani levelled for the Stutes Reserves to ensure the spoils were shared.