Carter Goal Hands Soham Victory
A SCOTT Carter goal just three minutes from time handed Soham a crucial 3-2 win against Biggleswade Town on Tuesday. The game looked destined for a draw heading into the last five minutes only for Carter to upset the odds with a delightful finish that sec
A SCOTT Carter goal just three minutes from time handed Soham a crucial 3-2 win against Biggleswade Town on Tuesday.
The game looked destined for a draw heading into the last five minutes only for Carter to upset the odds with a delightful finish that secured a first win in three for the Greens.
Ian Benjamin's side move up to 16th place with the win ahead of their trip to Slough Town on Saturday.
Mid-table Biggleswade were quickest out of the traps against a startled Greens' side with the returning Jamie Chamberlain pressed into action on several occasions as the visitors threatened.
You may also want to watch:
After weathering the storm, the Greens kicked on and moved into a 2-0 lead inside the opening half-hour as both Charles Libam and Dubi Ogbonna netted.
Benjamin's side suffered a set-back just three minutes into the second-half as Glen Lamacraft broke away to net for the visitors. Just 10 minutes later, Biggleswade restored parity courtesy of a fine strike by Brett Donnelly.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
There were chances for either side as the game wore on but it was Soham who emerged the victors as Carter popped up with three minutes remaining to fire home.