Cambridgeshire County League cup draws bring plenty of derbies
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
The return of grassroots football moved tantalisingly closer after the groups for the three Cambridgeshire County League cups were drawn.
The five groups in the Kershaw 30 Year Senior Cup all contain seven teams and most have been drawn with the thought of limiting travelling as best as possible.
It means there will be plenty of derby matches, which in group C means Ely City Res, Soham Town Rangers Res and Witchford 96 will all meet, with Bluntisham Rangers, Hemmingfords United, Somersham Town and Wisbech St Mary Res making up the rest.
Isleham, Fordham and Lakeheath Res meanwhile will meet in group E.
The five group winners plus the three best runners-up will advance to the quarter-finals.
In the Intermediate Cup there are six groups meaning only two runners-up will join the group winners in the last eight.
Ely City A and Soham United have been put in the same group.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series
The Junior Cup has 10 groups of six with teams playing for a spot in the last 16.