Cambridge dominates as King’s Ely hosts annual Cambridgeshire County School’s cross country
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely welcomed hundreds of young athletes as the school played host to the Cambridgeshire County Schools Cross Country.
Runners from across the county braved the mid-January chill on Saturday morning to take on the course located on the school’s grounds on Barton Road.
Similar to last year’s event, Cambridge dominate proceedings; winning six out of the eight individual races.
Huntingdon also tasted success, with Isabelle Wilkins and Ashley Quince winning the Minor Girls and Minor Boys races respectively.
Ely’s morning was less succesful, with Rebecca Daniel’s second-place finish in the Inter Girls race the city’s only top-three finish.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
1st - Isabelle Wilkins (Huntingdon)
2nd - Emma Lewis (Cambridge)
3rd - Sophie Faulkner (Huntingdon)
1st - Ashley Quince (Huntingdon)
2nd - Alex Melloy (Cambridge)
3rd - Sidney O’Connell (Peterborough)
1st - Shannon Flockhart (Cambridge)
2nd - Ella Robinson (Peterborough)
3rd - Lottie Knights (Cambridge)
1st - David Dow (Cambridge)
2nd - Marcel Lewis (Cambridge)
3rd - Nik Harhalakis (Cambridge)
1st - Julia Paternain (Cambridge)
2nd - Rebecca Daniel (Ely)
3rd - Francesca Worrall (Cambridge)
1st - Oliver Sewell (Cambridge)
2nd - Thomas Keen (Cambridge)
3rd - Joey Croft (Huntingdon)
1st - Charlotte-Tara Murphy (Cambridge)
2nd - Belinda Dow (Cambridge)
3rd - Alice Newcombe (Cambridge)
1st - Rob Huckle (Cambridge)
2nd - Ashley Brown (Cambridge)
3rd - Jordan Wood (Cambridge)
The best athletes will now be selected for Cambridgeshire team that will compete at the Anglian Cross Country Championships.