Brothers gain top selections
TWO brothers from Chettisham are showing great promise on the football pitch after progressing through testing trials. Kyle Thurston, nine, has been attending training sessions at Birmingham City s Shadow Academy after he was selected from 600 boys, aged
TWO brothers from Chettisham are showing great promise on the football pitch after progressing through testing trials.
Kyle Thurston, nine, has been attending training sessions at Birmingham City's Shadow Academy after he was selected from 600 boys, aged from nine to 12 years-old, who attended trials last month.
Only 16 boys were picked for the under-10 age group and Kyle will make his debut in the Academy team's match on October 23.
Kyle started playing football when he was five years-old and he is currently a member of the highly successful Ely Crusaders' under-10s team, managed by Steve Wright.
His older brother Tyler, 11, is also celebrating good news after he gained selection for the Cambs County Reps team for the second successive season.
Tyler plays for Crusaders' under-12 Colts, managed by Paul Callaghan and Phil Beeton, and was informed of his county call-up after successfully coming through trials last month.
- 1 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 9 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
n ELY Crusaders under-12 Colts are seeking strong, experienced players for their season in the A League.
The team trains every Friday evening and anyone wishing to join the team should contact Paul Callaghan on 01353 667560.