British Rowing Indoor Championship golds galore for Isle of Ely talent Seren
- Credit: Archant
It’s safe to say that Isle of Ely Rowing Club talent Seren Palmer had a successful time at the 2016 British Rowing Indoor Championships.
The youngster returned from the London Velodrome with two gold medals after she eased to victory in the Year 8 Girls 500m and the Year 8 Girls three-minute race categories.
The club’s Welfare Officer, Lynda Haynes, said: “It had been her ambition to take part in the BRICs since she first started indoor rowing during the Isle of Ely’s rowing training sessions last January.
“She never dreamt of doing so well. The atmosphere at the event was amazing – loud friendly, well organised and great fun.”
Seren capped her success by meeting Team GB’s Olympic rowing hero Mo Sbihi.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s START team also put in top performances at the event, with Imogen Magner bagging bronze in the under 23s, Alice Thompson finishing in eighth in the same category and Freya Dingwall finishing in fifth in the Year 11 category.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound