MARTIAL ARTS: British Judo legend Brian Jacks to open Littleport Judo Club this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Olympic Judo legend is to visit East Cambridgeshire this weekend.
Brian Jacks, best known for winning Britain’s first ever medal at a world championship and for hosting BBC sports show Superstars, will be in Littleport on Saturday (21) to officially open the village’s new Judo club at the leisure centre.
Jacks has a connection with Littleport Judo Club coach Stuart Aldous after the duo trained together for a video called ‘Judo Throws’ during the 1980s.
Stuart said: “When I met up with Brian last year it brought back many memories from my youth and he was still fantastic on the judo mats.
“Opening the new club seemed the perfect occasion to get Brian along.”
You may also want to watch:
Brian will be delivering two masterclass sessions at the opening, hosting a juniors session from 12.30pm and a seniors session from 2.30pm. He will then take part in a meet and greet from 4.15pm.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the club’s Facebook page.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol