Bright future for swimmers
A PLATINUM , a silver and four bronze Amateur Swimming Association awards were won by members of Ely Amateur Swimming Club in their recent Senior Fenland League match at King s Lynn. The club finished fourth overall. Charles Smith won a platinum award, A
A PLATINUM , a silver and four bronze Amateur Swimming Association awards were won by members' of Ely Amateur Swimming Club in their recent Senior Fenland League match at King's Lynn.
The club finished fourth overall.
Charles Smith won a platinum award, Alex Ball, making his debut for the Ely club, claimed a silver and two bronze awards and Alex Noble and Heloise Evans both came away with a bronze each. Noble, Smith, Ball and Evans, along with Ely swimmer Jack Kirby, recorded personal-best times.
Karl Davis, club chairman, said: "The future of Ely Swimming Club is getting better and better with another great result.
You may also want to watch:
"This is all thanks to the commitment of the coach, swimmers and parents.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound