Brady Stone praises ‘unbelievable’ supporters as Ely City seal spot in third round of FA Vase with classy away display
- Credit: Archant
Brady Stone has hailed the travelling fleet of Ely City supporters that helped cheer his side on to a superb FA Vase success last weekend.
The Robins took the trip to Essex to face Wadham Lodge for a place in the third round, and took another leap towards a trip to Wembley in style with a 3-0 victory.
First half goals from Alex Theobald, Kelvin Enaro and Tom Williams sealed one of the Robins’ finest victories this season, and Stone was quick to praise the band of over 50 Ely supporters that travelled to Essex for the tie.
“They were unbelievable,” he said. “About 55 supporters took the bus or the train down there and it was a fantastic atmosphere.
“It was more like a home game and I’m glad we got the result. It was an absolute pleasure and I went and thanked them all after the game.”
The Robins are now just one win from equalling their best-ever performance in the competition – but standing in their way is another tricky away test in the form of Welwyn Garden City.
The Spartan South Midlands League Division One outfit have been in fine form this term – winning six of their last seven games – but Stone says his men will go into their third round tie on Saturday December 3 with no fear.
- 1 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 7 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 8 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
“We don’t know a lot about them” he said. “We know they haven’t lost many games this season and we’ll go into it as underdogs but it’s another chance to move forward and go into the fourth round.
“We’ll just take each game as they come. It’s a good opportunity to get some prize money for the club and take the fans on another away trip.”