BOXING: Young Haddenham & Ely ABC duo impress again
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for Haddenham & Ely ABC fighters.
Two more local prospects were in action last weekend but unfortunately both suffered defeats.
First through the ropes was youngster 11-year-old Tommy Bowles at a show in Kettering. He took part in a fiercely contested bout and was unlucky to miss out on a split decision.
“I’m very pleased with Tommy’s performance,” said coach, Mike Sawyer. “He is improving every week.”
Next up was Liam Finlay, who was fighting for the third time in as many weeks.
You may also want to watch:
But he too experienced defeat despite an impressive performance.
“It was a very tight fight which could’ve been decided on the flip of a coin,” Sawyer said.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
This weekend local talent Millie Symons (pictured) will be in action at a show at Hanwell.
Sawyer said: “All the fighters at the club are looking very good at the moment. They’re improving all the time.”