BOXING: Young Haddenham & Ely ABC duo impress again
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for Haddenham & Ely ABC fighters.
Two more local prospects were in action last weekend but unfortunately both suffered defeats.
First through the ropes was youngster 11-year-old Tommy Bowles at a show in Kettering. He took part in a fiercely contested bout and was unlucky to miss out on a split decision.
“I’m very pleased with Tommy’s performance,” said coach, Mike Sawyer. “He is improving every week.”
Next up was Liam Finlay, who was fighting for the third time in as many weeks.
But he too experienced defeat despite an impressive performance.
“It was a very tight fight which could’ve been decided on the flip of a coin,” Sawyer said.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
This weekend local talent Millie Symons (pictured) will be in action at a show at Hanwell.
Sawyer said: “All the fighters at the club are looking very good at the moment. They’re improving all the time.”