BOXING: Sutton pro Tyler Goodjohn dealt another injury blow
- Credit: Archant
Sutton fighter Tyler Goodjohn’s return to the top has been dealt another blow.
The 26-year-old, who returned to the ring in July after a 10 month absence, has discovered he has a tear in a muscle in his right shoulder.
The injury will require surgery, meaning any hopes of a fight in December have been dashed.
“I’ll hopefully have news on an operation as soon as possible and be back in the ring, all going well, early next year or in the spring,” he said.
“I’m absolutely gutted as it’s even more forced time out that I really don’t need but you don’t play around in boxing and injuries are just part of the sport.”
You may also want to watch:
Goodjohn recorded his 13th professional win earlier this summer, defeating prospect Adam Barker over 12 rounds.
His injury is his second setback in recent years; the first coming in 2015 when he broke a bone in his hand weeks before he was scheduled to face Johnny Garton for the English welterweight title.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry