BOWLS: Round-up of Ely & District Leagues
- Credit: Supplied
It is mid-season for the club teams playing in the Ely & District Leagues.
In the afternoon League's divisions, Bottisham and Chippenham lead Division 1 whilst newly promoted Stretham have all to play for during the next nine weeks to keep themselves from being relegated again next year.
Division 2 sees three half points separating the top five teams of Mitchell Lodge, Burwell, Soham B, Fordham and newcomers Chesterton.
In the Mens' Evening League, five teams lead with the top slot going to Soham A throughout the first half of the season and Littleport putting in a determined challenge.
Soham B and Haddenham have steadfastly maintained a supporting role hoping for better luck in the second half of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies' Evening League is dominated by Littleport with Haddenham challenging.
Soham B, Fordham, Chippenham and Ely Beet A all have two games in hand and are vying for third place.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Littleport have an almost unassailable lead when combining the scores for the best club team of men and ladies as they are 24 half points clear of Soham A and Fordham.
Hoping for good bowling weather during the next nine weeks all clubs will be looking forward to the finals to be held at Chippenham club on Sunday, August 25.