BOWLS: East Cambs Carpet Bowls Association winners pick up their prizes at presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
The East Cambs Carpet Bowls Association marked the conclusion of another league season last weekend with its annual presentation and social evening.
Trophies were presented to the winners of the association’s various competitions, leagues and KO Cup by secretary Maureen Giddens and league secretary, David Long.
Over were handed the Division One trophy, with Littleport Village Hall the runners-up, and Little Downham ‘A’ received the prize for finishing top of Division Two. Soham ‘B’ came in second in that division.
Littleport Village Hall also received the Knock-Out Cup for beating Over, whose Jamie Smith took the singles title over clubmate Ian Blunsten.
Soham duo Gary and Kelly Folkes picked up the pairs title and Chloe Smith, Ian Blunsten and Jamie Smith of Over took the triples crown.
You may also want to watch:
Ellesmere Studlands’ Angela Newling, Margaret and David Clemmet and Ray Pollington received the fours title trophy.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor