Bowlers in charge
Tucker Premier League FORDHAM lost a low-scoring cricket match on a hard pitch away to Cambridge Granta. The visitors, batting first, were soon in trouble on a wicket with considerable bounce. Opening bowler O Connor dismissed four of Fordham s top five b
Tucker Premier League
FORDHAM lost a low-scoring cricket match on a hard pitch away to Cambridge Granta.
The visitors, batting first, were soon in trouble on a wicket with considerable bounce.
Opening bowler O'Connor dismissed four of Fordham's top five but Gavin Harding's 31 gave his side hope. Brother Jason Harding made 16, but for the second week running, it was Fordham's No. 7 Adam Cornwell who went on the attack, hitting six fours and a six in his 43 that took Fordham to 128.
The home side also struggled against some fine bowling, with the impressive Craig Theobald going on to take 4-25.
But Hale(37), Holder(28)and Norman(23)held the innings together.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
Fordham picked up four wickets for 10 runs, but the home side limped home in the 42nd over with three wickets in hand.