Bowlers in charge
Tucker Premier League FORDHAM lost a low-scoring cricket match on a hard pitch away to Cambridge Granta. The visitors, batting first, were soon in trouble on a wicket with considerable bounce. Opening bowler O Connor dismissed four of Fordham s top five b
Tucker Premier League
FORDHAM lost a low-scoring cricket match on a hard pitch away to Cambridge Granta.
The visitors, batting first, were soon in trouble on a wicket with considerable bounce.
Opening bowler O'Connor dismissed four of Fordham's top five but Gavin Harding's 31 gave his side hope. Brother Jason Harding made 16, but for the second week running, it was Fordham's No. 7 Adam Cornwell who went on the attack, hitting six fours and a six in his 43 that took Fordham to 128.
You may also want to watch:
The home side also struggled against some fine bowling, with the impressive Craig Theobald going on to take 4-25.
But Hale(37), Holder(28)and Norman(23)held the innings together.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Fordham picked up four wickets for 10 runs, but the home side limped home in the 42nd over with three wickets in hand.