Bowlers go for glory in major tournaments
THREE City of Ely bowlers have qualified for world ranking tournaments. Andrew Easy, Nicky Brett and Andrew Ware will join their club-mate Greg Harlow, who qualifies automatically because of his world No 2 ranking. City of Ely press secretary Rosemary W
THREE City of Ely bowlers have qualified for world ranking tournaments.
Andrew Easy, Nicky Brett and Andrew Ware will join their club-mate Greg Harlow, who qualifies automatically because of his world No 2 ranking.
City of Ely press secretary Rosemary Ware said: "This is a fantastic achievement. We usually have at least one or two players in the big tournaments, but to have four is superb."
The opening World Bowls Tour event is the Engage International Open, starting in Sheffield on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Harlow, from Soham, has won the competition for the last three years. His record-breaking achievement has seen him unbeaten in 18 matches at the venue.
Easy, Brett and Ware will also be competing at the event after successfully qualifying in Leicester.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Brett has also qualified for the Scottish International Open, which starts on November 24.
And Ware, who won a Lincoln qualifier, will join Harlow at the World Indoor Championships at Potters Holiday Resort in Hopton, Norfolk, on January 7.