Bowlers go for glory in major tournaments
THREE City of Ely bowlers have qualified for world ranking tournaments. Andrew Easy, Nicky Brett and Andrew Ware will join their club-mate Greg Harlow, who qualifies automatically because of his world No 2 ranking. City of Ely press secretary Rosemary W
THREE City of Ely bowlers have qualified for world ranking tournaments.
Andrew Easy, Nicky Brett and Andrew Ware will join their club-mate Greg Harlow, who qualifies automatically because of his world No 2 ranking.
City of Ely press secretary Rosemary Ware said: "This is a fantastic achievement. We usually have at least one or two players in the big tournaments, but to have four is superb."
The opening World Bowls Tour event is the Engage International Open, starting in Sheffield on Sunday.
Harlow, from Soham, has won the competition for the last three years. His record-breaking achievement has seen him unbeaten in 18 matches at the venue.
Easy, Brett and Ware will also be competing at the event after successfully qualifying in Leicester.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Brett has also qualified for the Scottish International Open, which starts on November 24.
And Ware, who won a Lincoln qualifier, will join Harlow at the World Indoor Championships at Potters Holiday Resort in Hopton, Norfolk, on January 7.