Boss Ian gets all offensive!
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin has vowed to go on the offensive when his team defends the Cambs Invitation Cup against Cambridge City. They meet on neutral territory at Cambridge United s Abbey Stadium on Tuesday, April 24. Benjamin said: They are a very good a
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin has vowed to go on the offensive when his team defends the Cambs Invitation Cup against Cambridge City.
They meet on neutral territory at Cambridge United's Abbey Stadium on Tuesday, April 24.
Benjamin said: "They are a very good attacking side and we will be the clear underdogs.
"I've spoken to their manager and he told me they will be going all guns blazing, but we've got to play to our strengths and I'm just going to tell the lads to go out there and express themselves."
Soham, who beat Great Shelford 1-0 in last year's final, beat Wisbech 2-1 in the semi-final last Wednesday, while Cambridge City beat Histon 2-1 on Thursday.
Soham's attacking tactics paid off when they beat Stanway Rovers 3-2 in a home Ridgeons Premier Division match, on Monday.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Rangers found themselves 2-0 down after a poor first half, but a vastly improved second-half performance ensured victory.
Scott Johnson's shot was deflected home in the 65th minute, Charles Libam finished after a superb Michael Simpson through ball 10 minutes later, and Paul Jones volleyed in an 80th-minute winner from a Matt Robinson cross.
Soham play Ipswich Wanderers away on Saturday and Histon Reserves away on Wednesday.
* Ely City play Stowmarket on Saturday and Fakenham on Monday. Both matches are at home.