Blistering Soham Make Light Work Of Sutton
Division 2A A BLISTERING all-round display from Soham ensured they sailed to a ominous 120-run win over Sutton at the weekend. Soham tasted their first defeat in Division 2A a fortnight ago at the hands of Wisbech, but they bounced back in style against S
A BLISTERING all-round display from Soham ensured they sailed to a ominous 120-run win over Sutton at the weekend.
Soham tasted their first defeat in Division 2A a fortnight ago at the hands of Wisbech, but they bounced back in style against Sutton, producing the goods with both bat and ball to seal a comprehensive win.
Opting to bat first, the home side blasted into a commanding position from the outset as openers Nick Mingay (79) and Peter Hinde (41) seized control. Further down the order Mick Harvey chipped in with a useful 41 to help Soham finish up on 218 from their 40 overs, a decent scoring rate of almost five-and-a-half per over.
You may also want to watch:
L Singh led the way with the ball for Sutton taking 3-28 in a tidy seven-over spell.
Though the visitors faltered early on in reply, a middle order fight back gave Sutton some hope of holding off the rampant home attack. L Brown's knock of 22 the stand-out performance on a difficult day for Sutton.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Matt Pyle's figures of 4-20 ensured he took the plaudits with the ball for Soham as Sutton were bowled out for 98. David Lunn's 4-28 for the home side was also worthy of note.