Ely I 6 Lwestft & Yarmuth 15 THE strng prevailing wind played a big part in this match, with many kicks being missed. Ely kicked ff the first half with the wind behind them and the first 20 minutes went well fr them althugh they culd nt scre. A
Ely I 6 Lwestft & Yarmuth 15
THE strng prevailing wind played a big part in this match, with many kicks being missed.
Ely kicked ff the first half with the wind behind them and the first 20 minutes went well fr them althugh they culd nt scre.
A gd defence was put up by Lwestft & Yarmuth and they managed t keep the waves f attack at bay.
You may also want to watch:
This helped them t build cnfidence and begin t hit back at Ely. Scrums wrked well first half and a special mentin must g t Chris Day, wh has cme back frm injury. He wrked well alng side Alan Masn and Andy Fster.
The secnd 20 minutes saw Lwestft & Yarmuth gain mre pssessin and their fly half kicked everything in an attempt t gain grund and pin back a rampaging Ely.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
After a large number f fluid phases, Lwestft & Yarmuth went ver fr a try but the cnversin was missed.
Ely came straight back and gained a penalty, Ed Fahy sltted the three pints. On the strke f half-time.
Ely gained anther penalty and Ed Fahy kicked again t give Ely the lead 6-5 at half-time.
A secnd half perid f attack led ultimately t a secnd try fr the ppsitin wh, after battering Ely's defences, finally brke thrugh and scred. The extra cnversin pints again were missed.
Ely held n t the ball fr mst f the last quarter. Lwestft & Yarmuth's third try came frm an Ely mistake. The cnversin was missed.