Bike Stephanie is Blazing A Trail and Leaving the Boys Behind
ELY sixteen-year old schoolgirl Stephanie Waddelow is blazing a trail across the male-dominated world of superbike racing. Stephanie – a student of Ely Community College – won all four of her races in the MRO Superteen competition at Brands Hatch in May,
ELY sixteen-year old schoolgirl Stephanie Waddelow is blazing a trail across the male-dominated world of superbike racing.
Stephanie - a student of Ely Community College - won all four of her races in the MRO Superteen competition at Brands Hatch in May, establishing herself as a world record holder for women in the sport.
The Little Downham-based youngster swept the board on her SS Racing Aprilia, and now stands second in the championship on 266 points - just 13 behind the leader - following successes at earlier meetings including Cadwell Park.
Her aim is to win a championship and eventually to compete in the British or World Superbike championships. She is looking for sponsors to help cover her expenses for the rest of the season (which ends in October) and can be contacted on (01480) 494540.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Steph (No 34) leads a field of more than 30 boys to maintain her title challenge.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour