Benjamin Wants A Fightback
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin is calling on his players to fight back after a recent slump in form. The rallying call comes after Soham went down 3-0 at home to lowly Woodford at the weekend to make it five losses in their last six games. He said: These set of
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin is calling on his players to fight back after a recent slump in form.
The rallying call comes after Soham went down 3-0 at home to lowly Woodford at the weekend to make it five losses in their last six games.
He said: "These set of lads have done really well in recent times and people tend to have short memories but that is football, results are everything and we have got to show what we are made of.
"I believe we have enough about us to get through this but the lads have got to have a good look at themselves."
You may also want to watch:
On the game itself Benjamin was clear on where his side fell down: "At the end of the day you have got to put your chances away, yes we didn't deserve to be a goal down at half time, but we can't blame the other team for putting away their chances.
"But the players mustn't get downhearted, Jonesey and Ablett played really well I thought and we got some good ball in the box but as I say we have got to start getting on the end of them if we want to turn this around."
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
The Green's boss was also keen on a few new faces to try and bolster his squad: "I will be looking at bringing in a few players over the Christmas period, very much so.