Benjamin Wants A Fightback
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin is calling on his players to fight back after a recent slump in form. The rallying call comes after Soham went down 3-0 at home to lowly Woodford at the weekend to make it five losses in their last six games. He said: These set of
SOHAM boss Ian Benjamin is calling on his players to fight back after a recent slump in form.
The rallying call comes after Soham went down 3-0 at home to lowly Woodford at the weekend to make it five losses in their last six games.
He said: "These set of lads have done really well in recent times and people tend to have short memories but that is football, results are everything and we have got to show what we are made of.
"I believe we have enough about us to get through this but the lads have got to have a good look at themselves."
You may also want to watch:
On the game itself Benjamin was clear on where his side fell down: "At the end of the day you have got to put your chances away, yes we didn't deserve to be a goal down at half time, but we can't blame the other team for putting away their chances.
"But the players mustn't get downhearted, Jonesey and Ablett played really well I thought and we got some good ball in the box but as I say we have got to start getting on the end of them if we want to turn this around."
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 5 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 6 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
The Green's boss was also keen on a few new faces to try and bolster his squad: "I will be looking at bringing in a few players over the Christmas period, very much so.