Battling Greens Loose Out At Slough
Slough Town 2 Soham Town Rangers 0 SOHAM Town Rangers indifferent run of form continued on Saturday as they lost out to Slough Town. A goal in either half did for Ian Benjamin s men, who, despite a commendable effort, were unable to find the killer touc
Slough Town 2
Soham Town Rangers 0
SOHAM Town Rangers' indifferent run of form continued on Saturday as they lost out to Slough Town.
A goal in either half did for Ian Benjamin's men, who, despite a commendable effort, were unable to find the killer touch in front of goal and slipped to their third loss in four league games.
You may also want to watch:
The loss sees the Greens slip to 18th place in the Zameretto League ahead of their visit to Sudbury on Tuesday.
It was the visitors who started the brightest and they stormed into an early lead as Simon Martin fired home from close range.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
The improving Jamie Chamberlain was alert to deny the home side a second score in the ensuing minutes as he pulled off some useful saves.
To their credit, Soham rallied before the end of the half and almost drew level but for the intervention of the woodwork, which kept a Michael Simpson header out in the dying minutes of the half.
The game opened up in the second-half, with chances a-plenty for both sides. Michael Simpson in particular, had a host of chances for the Greens but was unable to find the killer touch.
The hosts sealed the points in the 74th minute when a long ball was headed home by substitute striker Sean Sonner.