Battling Greens Loose Out At Slough
Slough Town 2 Soham Town Rangers 0 SOHAM Town Rangers indifferent run of form continued on Saturday as they lost out to Slough Town. A goal in either half did for Ian Benjamin s men, who, despite a commendable effort, were unable to find the killer touc
Slough Town 2
Soham Town Rangers 0
SOHAM Town Rangers' indifferent run of form continued on Saturday as they lost out to Slough Town.
A goal in either half did for Ian Benjamin's men, who, despite a commendable effort, were unable to find the killer touch in front of goal and slipped to their third loss in four league games.
The loss sees the Greens slip to 18th place in the Zameretto League ahead of their visit to Sudbury on Tuesday.
It was the visitors who started the brightest and they stormed into an early lead as Simon Martin fired home from close range.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 7 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 8 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 9 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 10 Council has extra £18m in the kitty because of Covid
The improving Jamie Chamberlain was alert to deny the home side a second score in the ensuing minutes as he pulled off some useful saves.
To their credit, Soham rallied before the end of the half and almost drew level but for the intervention of the woodwork, which kept a Michael Simpson header out in the dying minutes of the half.
The game opened up in the second-half, with chances a-plenty for both sides. Michael Simpson in particular, had a host of chances for the Greens but was unable to find the killer touch.
The hosts sealed the points in the 74th minute when a long ball was headed home by substitute striker Sean Sonner.