Batting Collapse Costs Port
A BATTING collapse midway through an innings cost Littleport II dear as they came up short against Over II. Put into bat first, the Port top-order impressed with a number of good knocks looking to have set a strong platform for a lower order assault. It
A BATTING collapse midway through an innings cost Littleport II dear as they came up short against Over II.
Put into bat first, the Port top-order impressed with a number of good knocks looking to have set a strong platform for a lower order assault.
It wasn't to be however, as good scores of 36 by A Buxton and 41 by A Berry went unrewarded as the last five batsmen folded for just five runs, ultimately leaving Port 145 all out.
Needing regular wickets to stand a good chance of victory, Port struck a number of telling early blows to give themselves a sniff of victory. A staunch fight back from Over's J Benson (50) and T Smart (65) however, all but buried their hopes of victory.
You may also want to watch:
Doug Marsh (2-43) was the pick of the bowlers for Port.
Littleport first team meanwhile, were propelled to victory thanks to the herculean efforts of Jamie Leonard, who took an astonishing 8-22, to bowl Over out for just 65. Port knocked the total off in a little over 10 overs to take the win.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told