Batt’s the way
EAST HOCKEY LEAGUE DIVISION 3NW City of P boro 4th XI 1 Ely City 1st XI 2 ELY turned on the style when it mattered, coming from behind to take victory to remain at the top of the table. A late kick off meant that Ely lost former skipper Julian Palmer, du
EAST HOCKEY LEAGUE DIVISION 3NW
City of P'boro' 4th XI 1
Ely City 1st XI 2
ELY turned on the style when it mattered, coming from behind to take victory to remain at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
A late kick off meant that Ely lost former skipper Julian Palmer, due to work commitments and Tommy Hugo filled in at his pivotal midfield roll
The hosts soon capitalised on poor defending, with an unmarked midfielder scoring from the edge of the D after a quick passing move.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Ed Hugo, Grant Gilmour, Ed Batt, Stuart Clarke and Laurie Haslop linked well in Ely's response, but the visitors lacked inspiration and went into half-time 1-0 down.
The visitors dominated the second half and Clarke's deft touch equalised following a short corner routine.
Ely were then awarded a penalty flick after an Ed Hugo shot was stopped on the line by a Peterborough leg and Batt's hard, low shot made it 2-1.
Man of the match Rich Vincett made some sublime tackles in midfield along with Tom Rutledge to keep Peterborough at bay.
Ely squad: Chris Vincett, Richard Vincett, Tom Rutledge, Fez Abbas, Tommy Hugo, Grant Gilmour, Ed Hugo, Laurie Haslop, Charlie Kisby, Stuart Clarke, Ed Batt.